Nainital is Lake City and is a popular destination for couples and honeymooners. Emerald Lake is beautifully surrounded by quaint old cabins and markets, green hills, and scenic spots connected by a network of hiking trails. Nainital, Uttarakhand has a number of charms which include ancient temples, scenic views, heritage buildings and you can also enjoy boating and boating. Here are some of the best things to do and see in Nainital.
- Enjoy the Cable Car – The cable cars offer fun rides that give you a bird’s eye view of the mountain station. It goes from Mallital to the Snow View over Lake Naini and the beautiful hills.
- Visit Raj Bhawan – this is the home of the Governor of Nainital along with Buckingham Palace in London. If you like museums then the two story castle is definitely a place to visit.
- Visit Gurney’s House – this is the home of Jim Corbett, the protector of nature turned into a museum and a magnificent view. You will also love the views from here.
- Eating in Chandani Chowk – The interiors and architecture of the fascinating restaurants are inspired by Chandani Chowk attracting tourists who want to enjoy the tastes of Delhi on Nainital budgets.
- Try Mountaineering – Mountaineering place in Nainital is Barah Patthar, but you have to take a 7 day course to learn bouldering, scrambling, river crossing, rock climbing and abseiling ; definitely something for the adventurous.
- Visit the Church of St. Jana – one of the places you must visit in the city. It is a Gothic-style church from 1844. It is a haven of beauty and peace; here you can take beautiful photos.
- Experience beautiful sunsets at Hanuman Garhi – the temple gives you the opportunity to experience the divinity and from there you can enjoy beautiful romantic sunsets.
- Visit Naina Devi – another temple to visit to cool off and soak up the divinity. It is a dedication to the goddess Naina Devi.
- Visit Corbett National Park – India’s largest tiger reserve. You can enjoy animal watching or go on a safari which remains a fond memory of Nainital.
- Shop at the Tibetan Market – this is one of the most amazing things you can do for your memories. There are many artifacts from the locals such as Tibetan bags, ethnic dresses, scarves, shawls and other accessories.
- Take part in Sharadutsay – This is a five-day cultural festival that welcomes the fall season and offers a chance to get to know Nainital better. Folk dancing, music and boat races are the main highlights of the festival.
- Himalayan Summit View from Tiffin Summit – There is no better way to experience the Himalayan Range than from Tiffin Summit.
- Collect Candles – The Mall Road is the place to be for amazing candles in all patterns and designs. The locals are very good at making candles and you can get different sizes and shapes for decorating your house.
- Visit Pangit and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary – a place for bird watchers and you will also have the opportunity to observe some rare species of animals.
- Take a Lake Tour – There’s nothing like enjoying scenic lake cruises.
If you have to do and see a lot in Nainital, you will need a good place to stay. The hotels in Nainital and in particular the hotels on Mall Road in Nainital have everything you need for a vacation.